Updated: Oct 12, 2022
Recent years have been a bit of a whirlwind for those of us in talent acquisition and attraction. We've gone from literal near extinction to the most in-demand and popular function in the working world. No joke, open recruiter jobs topped developer jobs on LinkedIn for the first time ever in 2021.
But with all the increased demand and pressure from stakeholders to keep up the pace, keeping your inner game in check will make your performance and happiness sustainable.
Looking after yourself is part and parcel of making good human connections, which is the most important element of recruitment. If you are not looking after yourself, you can't expect to look after your candidates and stakeholders. Here are a few affirmations to add to your daily self-investment routine.
1. I am capable.
2. I can do anything I set my mind to.
3. My opinions matter.
4. I deserve good relationships and can set boundaries with bad ones.
5. I will either find a way or make a new one.
6. To take care of my stakeholders, I need to take care of myself.
7. Failure is not negative. It is the world saying it's time to grow.
8. Not everything will be perfect. And that's ok.
9. I am the architect of my habits, not the victim of them.
10. Whilst the sun is shining, bask in it.
At Clu, we're reinventing how job seekers find jobs by helping Employers get great at skills-based hiring. We are the most efficient and simple way to gain traction with underutilised talent communities at scale. Find out more by getting in touch with us. We'd love to hear from you.